[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Standard Ratings calculations in the Engineering Reference
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Standard Ratings calculations in the Engineering Reference
- From: "ooikoonbeng2004" <ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:17:33 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:17:36 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1306826255; bh=U/oiIK6Hpgux6QTLFVLmcpMf6x8GnRAsbzx96jzMLeo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ZfvjWFH1HtmE0nx5EyXqGzLTwQ3n7/21RbcOR9ZWJTWt0ZTdULXEhCo7T3G+Z50yKp3YACjlvszLEpce5oM8Q5eY++t1o3q6ybdem8ZtO1kWqt+PpS1yjq/qIelDlCH1
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=HEfRfNJ5k1jIJsJTHL6M7diYAOQn0wLtLa9zoNt3qBjlBYE0w+pzMCcKsNFYiVl9MtNWQbnmCJs+EkU8a6bqxOG2h+8JEEiVGQFQXALvMi3y3QDDU45tPde/BQOayOQY;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
When the file ExerciseOutput1.idf in the AdvancedOutput subfolder of the ExampleFiles folder is run, the following warning appears:
** One of the Standard Ratings for Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpeed = AHU 1 COOLING COIL could not be calculated, so set to zero in output.
** ~~~ ** Review the Standard Ratings calculations in the Engineering Reference for this coil type.
** ~~~ ** CheckCurveLimitsForStandardRatings: The max and/or min limits specified in the corresponding curve objects did not allow the curves to be evaluated at the conditions required to calculate one or more of the Standard Rating values.
** ~~~ ** Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpeed=AHU 1 COOLING COIL: Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) can not be calculated.
** ~~~ ** Check limits in Total Cooling Capacity Function of Temperature Curve , Curve Type = BIQUADRATIC, Curve Name = AHU 1 DX COIL CAP-FT
** ~~~ ** Check limits in EIR Function of Temperature Curve, Curve Type = BIQUADRATIC, Curve Name = AHU 1 DX COIL EIR-FT
Can i have some guide on how to "Review the Standard Ratings for Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpped?
Richard's advice was:
"These warnings just mean that the performance curves for the DX cooling coil do not have a wide enough range to allow calculation of the standard ratings.
Look at the Minimum/Maximum temperatures for X (indoor wet-bulb temperature) and Y (outdoor dry-bulb temperature) in the curve objects.
Refer to the Engineering Reference document for further information."
A search with 'indoor wet bulb' in Engineering Reference gives a single instance on page 1079 (1104 of the pdf) as follows:
"As with other table or curve objects, the lookup table can be used anywhere a valid curve object name is allowed. Care must be taken to ensure the table data format is consistent with the associate model that is using the performance curve (e.g. DX cooling coil capacity as a function of temperature where independent variable X1 = indoor wet-bulb temperature and independent variable X2 = outdoor dry-bulb temperature)."
i do not know where the Performance Curves or Lookup Tables are. i have not looked at the other warnings yet.
Look forward to some more details on how to solve this warning.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: