RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: how can I change the HOT WATER PLANT HW SUPPLY PUMP power in a HVAC Template

Actually, I just noticed that the Fan object uses the name “Fan Efficiency” to represent the product of mechanical efficiency * motor efficiency.

It also uses “Motor efficiency” for motor efficiency.

The pump object just uses “Motor efficiency”, which (help me here, Richard!) is the product of mechanical efficiency * motor efficiency.

So, it appears that the term “Motor efficiency” may be used to mean two different things……

(I’m getting dizzy thinking about it.)

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., BEMP , LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616 450 8653