Re: RES: [EnergyPlus_Support] Earth tubes simulation

Dear Alberto

Currently I have 2 files for the same zone. In the first one (without the tubes) I only have "HVACTemplate:Thermostat and HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem". I haven't described the HVAC components in detail. In this case I noted down the "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate" output. This will tell me the mechanical cooling load required to maintain thermostat temperature (24 degrees).

In the second file, I removed the earlier HVACTemplates and replaced it with ZoneEarthTube instead. Then I noted down the "Earth Tube Zone Sensible Cooling Rate" output. This will tell me how much cooling load can be provided by the tubes and thus be subtracted from my earlier file to show the reduced amount.

Is this approach correct? Will this approach show me the difference in cooling load requirements properly?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.