To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: simeonagas@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:02:22 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Electric Storage Heater - E+ crashes

Dear all,

I am trying to model an electric storage heater. Although, such a component does not exist in E+ I thought I could possibly use a combination of ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:Electric (for charging) and ZoneHVAC:VentilatedSlab (for discharing) objects sharing a common surface assigned with a Construction:InternalSource. Actually the operation of an electric storage heater can be perfectly described by those two objects.
Though, E+ crashes probably because of the two systems having the same surface.
Does anyone have an idea if something like this is doable and if no are you aware of any other ways of modelling an electric storage heater?

Thank you

Simos