[EnergyPlus_Support] Custom Weather file csv back to EPW

Hello all,

I have taken an EPW weather file and used the weather converter utility to convert it to CSV in order to paste in my own hourly weather data.
I did the editing in excel 2007 and re-saved as CSV

Now I would like to convert it back to EPW and run it with my model.
Converter doesn't like the edited CSV and claims I have a "Custom Data Format (requires DEF file)".
I've tried overriding the default "Custom Data Format (requires DEF file)" requirement by selecting "Energy Plus Comma Separated Variable (CSV) Format" but it still kicks it back.

Comparing the original output CSV with the new edited CSV, in notepad, reveals header month/day dates have been altered by Excel (I changed them back easily) and extra commas at all the carriage returns.  The extra commas are a bit more problematic as they're on nearly every line of code.

Are the extra commas the issue?
What would be the best way to edit the weather file and then output format for the converter?

Seth

--
Seth S. Moody
seths.moody@xxxxxxxxx