[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tenant Spaces must be simuleted with HVAC for LEED Core and Shell ?
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tenant Spaces must be simuleted with HVAC for LEED Core and Shell ?
- From: "Jean marais" <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:39:12 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 06:43:55 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1309524234; bh=QiGqx+i/kVFOjker1rb6+lYlaBYXRVG0LGB/pifz00E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=EC9QMmIofcg/nkTrCzAahb+WirI88nP+KtETZ9o1tEzw1sdJXv1C50b1VzsPSCCJnQ0CqpJegIXqq2ypt6xXczvCoBrwrZJteDwKL4mJDFXD8mvOejccePBljvNvy9tn
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=eXn83mD/uwUmBB8Wm1pDWqcx5C5RhSzezTsC3q/mVcBGrtUWh/qTNE8iBHwz7QJ16bWW4/uwtWyizxwubMHdxhH1+VtJKq2A8zHhiJOQ9FuEmFfPCel1r9IJNM0qNzUE;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
Misstated, sorry. I mean HVAC Ideal Air is not satisfactory. I.e. the systems must be modeled down to component level. You must include the modeling of components such as fans, motors, pumps, etc. which is not done when using the HVAC ideal air objects.
Loads? Well, system sizing must be done using either design days or design weeks from the weather file as far as I can remember. The loads in the spaces should include for people, lighting, process, etc. to reflect the expected daily operation of that space. Office space differs from kitchen space (use the ASHRAE space types where you can - it can also give you peak default occupancy rates).
Environmental loads are taken care of by the weather file. Note that solar shading may not be accounted for unless it is fully automated or permanent, i.e. no manual blinds allowed.
If you have other LEED questions, check out LEEDuser. It fully justifies a full subscription. They have excellent forums (the only one covering ASHRAE 90.1 to some extent that I could find) as well as templates and detailed examples.
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fel agustin" <felipe.agustin26@...> wrote:
> Hi Jean,
> Reference to your email the ideal loads are not okay?..as per ASHRAE...or are they acceptable as long as you have consistent sched etc...
> Sent from my BlackBerryï¿½ wireless handheld
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Jean marais" <jeannieboef@...>
> Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:48:59
> To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tenant Spaces must be simuleted with HVAC for LEED Core and Shell ?
> Yes, you have to simulate. Ideal loads are not okay as per ASHRAE appendix G. As long as the loads and schedules are the same for the baseline and the designcase models...it's a huge guess anyway. You'll find other credits like daylighting also need to show on drawings proposed view angles and furniture layouts. A bit weird...but that's my experience.
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "victormattos19" <victormattos.arq@> wrote:
> > I have a question about the simulation for LEED core and Shell, does anyone knows if the tenant spaces shall be simulated with HVAC system for a shopping mall or can i just simulate with idealloads?
> > thanks,
> > Victor
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: