Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: HVAC Node Flow Chart

Phillipe

Have you worked with the expanded input data files before? I really have no idea how much you know about EnergyPlus so its difficult to know where to start...

Any time you include an HVAC Template object, EnergyPlus runs a routine in which it expands the HVACTemplate into the components that it describes. EnergyPlus then saves that expanded input data file as type .expidf

If you simply change the file extension of this expanded input file to end with .idf, you can open this file in any text editor or idf editor.

In this way, you can see all of the nodes produced by the HVAC Template expansion

This should give you working examples of how to set up your node pathways for any system with an HVAC Template

You should know that EnergyPlus defines all loops in terms of supply and demand. Once you've mapped out the node pathways, you can begin swapping out supply equipment for other supply equipment and demand equipment for other demand equipment.

I have attached a sample node diagram that I have created for a VAV airloop. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact me outside of the forum at jason.kirkpatrick@xxxxxxx

Hope this helps,

Jason