[EnergyPlus_Support] Prevalence of Design Builder

Hello Everybody,

As I have gotten more accustomed to E+ I am now curious what the prevalence of use of GUI editors for HVAC systems is in E+. Open Studio seems like an excellent opensource program that allows people to edit building geometry but so editing HVAC systems seems to be very cumbersome.

Does anybody have a suggestion of a program they use? What about programs they are aware of, but do not necessarily use? I saw that DesignBuilder is coming out with v3 which has (what appears to be) a very flexible HVAC editor. Is anybody thinking about using this program?

Currently if I want to edit how a building is zoned to compare the efficacy of a model or what have you it is a grueling process and I would prefer if I could just do this quickly.

I am just really looking to see whats out there before I decide on a course of action. E+ is at its core a simulation engine and time = money so I am looking for the cheapest way to save time and ensure the flexiblity of E+ to model systems.

Thank you,
Matthew Anderson