RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problem with removing reheat coils in VAV

Hi, Lixeira

I think you are trying to replace the usual air loop with one master zone thermostat control with one which uses the set point manager to control the air  loop temperature and variable damper at the zone without reheat coil.  In this way all thermostat are available in each zone.

Because you are using setpoint manager for the air loop, the temperature should not be a range, but one temperature slightly below the wanted zone temperature.  This difference is normally compensated by reheat.

The heating should also be slightly lower.  The type 4 dead band should also be maintained at the zone, with modified schedules.

When the OA is cool in Summer, your system is turning on the heater to keep the temperature at the zone thermostat setting.

There is no severe error. Just need some tuning on the available schedules and set point values or managers.

AirTerminal:SingleDuct:VAV:NoReheat,  should not be running at constant mode. I do not know how to change this yet.  What I did of my own project  was to use the one with reheat and disable the coil, not removing it, so that the damper will still have control of the air flow.

Because the zone demand loads are not the same and dampers are not controlled, therefore the temperatures are all different.

 Dr. Li