[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [EnergyPlus #449 1]: Infrared radiati on from sky in Desig nDay calculationsū

Hi, Linda

The following was my response to Mr. Ooi's quetion.
=======
Dew point is the wet-bulb at MDB, and the humidity ratio is assumed to be the same the whole day.

Rain and snow when set is for the whole day in DesignDay object.
If you need a variable sizing, use the weather file sizing.
Horizontal IR changes the ODT.
He forwarded your reply to me.  You indicated that you may want to change the rain, indicator, etc.

I do not think that you need to change the present DesignDay object format for a field to be active for the whole day..

If you make the field adjustable say hourly, it will not be a statistical worst case any more.

At present, the object works by entering field up to the wet-bulb field.  The additional fields below that may be ignored.  This is flexible enough.

Those who wanted to use the real weather condition can use the sizingPeriod:weatherFile.

Once the raining, sky clearness are adjusted to hourly values, the calculatin of diffused components and outdoor air temperature, humidity ratio values should also be changed in sync.   I do not think any user can handle these changes using custom schedules.

Right  now, random entering custom RH value in schedule is already causing system to reset to 100% at produce warnings.  The results are not very useful.  I did not find any need to change the temperature profile either.
Mr. Ooi at one time wanted to shift the maximum daily OA temperature  to 3 pm using a custom profile schedule, because his locally measured OA temperature peaks at 3 pm local time.  I pointed out to him that the location of the probe, and the local time zone may generate that one hour difference.  After some adjustments, the difference was reduced to less than half an hour.  He did not change the temperature profile at the end.

Dr. Li.