[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Controlling temperature and humidity simultaneously

Ricahrd, thanks for your reply.

Can the unitary systems aslo be used for humidification and not only
dehumidification? The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to emulate
the output of a Passive Downdraught Evaporative Cooler which causes a
decrease in dry bulb temperature but an increase in relative humidity.
For reasons that are beyond this message, both objects of the
ZoneCoolTower:Shower and Evaporative Coolers are not suitable for my
model.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@...> wrote:

> The unitary systems can control humidity. Look for AC systems that
have
> this as an input. This is from the
AirLoopHVAC:Unitary:Furnace:HeatCool
> object.
>
> A14, \field Dehumidification Control Type
> \type choice
> \key None
> \key Multimode
> \key CoolReheat
> \default None
> \note None = meet sensible load only
> \note Multimode = activate enhanced dehumidification mode
> \note as needed and meet sensible load. Valid only with
> \note cooling coil type
> CoilSystem:Cooling:DX:HeatExchangerAssisted.
> \note This control mode allows the heat exchanger to be turned
> \note on and off based on the zone dehumidification requirements.
> \note A ZoneControl:Humidistat object is also required.
> \note CoolReheat = cool beyond the dry bulb setpoint.
> \note as required to meet the humidity setpoint. Valid with all
> \note cooling coil types. When a heat exchanger assisted cooling
> \note coil is used, the heat exchanger is locked on at all times.
> \note A ZoneControl:Humidistat object is also required.
>

> On 7/20/2011 5:53 PM, omarvelling wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it possible to use a thermostat and humidistat in one zone
> > simultaneously? If so, what type of HVAC should be used? I'm not
> > concerned with the loads but only with the resulting internal
> > conditions of the zone and so an IdealLoadsAirSystem would have
worked
> > fine for me if only controlling the temperature was required.
However,