[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to simulate a building having a basement and a crowl space

A related beginner's question. Apologies if this should be a new topic.

In some residential buildings the ventilated crawl space has walls that are above grade and the ground is exposed inside the crawlspace(the "floor" of the crawlspace is bare earth).
The documentation suggests that the basement preprocessor cannot be used for this situation.

How should the ground heat transfer be modeled in this case? Is it safe just to assume the ground temperature will just follow the seasonal variation for the locale.

Thanks,
Andrew.