Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Energyplus IDF for hybid ground source heat pump

Hello,

I have modeled a system in EnergyPlus where you couple a boiler and cooling tower to a plant loop.  The attached file shows the setup.  I believe you could do something similar with a GLHX, just replace the boiler with the GLHX, and change your operation schemes to allow the ground loop to do cooling as well.

One note of caution: the attached file uses a HeatExchanger:WatersideEconomizer to link the PlantLoop and CondenserLoop.  I have found this object to be problematic in the current version of EnergyPlus, as it does not transfer all energy to the CondenserLoop.  In other production projects I am using instead a water-cooled chiller with a very high COP in order to link the two loops.

Hope this helps,

--
Karen