RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Baseline and proposed heating in EnergyPlus

If you are designing a system for China, why bother about ASHRAE 90.1 baseline.

Design an energy saving building using EPlus and set your own standard and baseline.

It is ridiculous to make a city in China look  like New York and then talk about energy saving, traffic problems, etc.

VAV requires a control for each room.  Reheat is not necessary in most buildings.  The mercury switch thermostat does not consume any power.  The programmable thermostat and controller all consumes power even when the HVAC is not on.

Simple energy saving programming can use a couple of mercury switch thermostat and a mechanical timer (7 day clock.).  The combination is again does not require any electric power.

There are many energy saving and environment friendly solutions.

In a cold country, some heating is required in Winter to prevent water pipe, etc from freezing.  These pipe when empty will not freeze.  Electric heating of unconditioned space is,  I think, for these consideration.

There is a by-law in Canada that the building must  be maintained above 10°C in Winter.  A house must not be left un-attended for more than 72 hours.  Otherwise, any water damage will not be covered by insurance.

The safety regulation is important.  The comfort guidelines may be ignored.

 Dr. Li