[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problems on Large Building Simulation

Suggest you register at the energy plus support internet site and submit your file with a ticket to the support. It is very unlikely that your computer is not up for the task. check rather that you have the correct version fitting to your operating system and 32 or 64 Mb machine. Try run a simple box, first to see if it completes like you expect. then add some windows the same way as on your big model and try again.

Energy Plus can model buildings which are millions of squaremeters in Floor Space. It is mainly a energy simulator and windows are usually lumped. lots of complex fenestration slows things down the most of all.

Make sure you only run one day.

Make sure you have daylighting objects in the zones you are investigating.

Take an example file (from the folder with the hundreds of examples) with daylighting (find example using excel lists in same folder) and play with it.

Check that you map output grid is set up properly.