To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: xing.shi.2006@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:09:42 +0800
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ground source heat pump hot water supply T

We are modeling a 5 story building with two chillers and one ground source heat pump.  Two chillers and the heat pump provide cooling in summer and the heat pump alone provides heating in winter.

We tried to use the Controller:WaterCoil object to vary the heating coil supply water flow rate to change the heat provided to the zone.  The heating supply water T is set to 45 degree C using SetpointManager:Scheduled and the node applied is HW Supply Outlet Node.

We did not get any severe error.  However, in winter we found that the HOT WATER LOOP:Plant Loop OutletNode Temperature [C](Hourly) varied from 45 degree C down to quite low.  We were not sure about why this happend.

Please help.  Attached is the IDF file.  Thanks!

XS