RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Different zone cooling load???

Hi, Xing

Zone Total Internal Heat Gain [J]  probably included the latent heat gain.  Zone Window Heat Gain [W] can be as high as 1000 watt/m2 of window area.

If there is no partition in the building, part of the solar beam power can enter one window and leave the other sindows.

If the 5000m2 is for one ground floor, the building surface ground temperature would be low. (35m from the eadge to the center of the building.)   NanJing in Summer would be about 22°C or less.

If the building is comfortable with natural ventilatin in Summer, the HVAC power is zero.  Therefore, 25.9 w/m2 is typical and not low.  (75 kW or 25kW electrical power unit is quite a large cooling unit.)

The window heat gain can be reducec by external shading.  The internal heat gain can be removed by venting the plenum and attic area.

Use as much as possible of natural lighting during the day.

That was the reason why I said that the LEED and ASHRAE comfort model need not be followed.  If the building follows the New York style, then HVAC etc. will be needed.

EPlus is very useful to verify the effectiveness of the external shading, orientation of the windows, and  the amount of insulation between the ceiling and the roof, and the cool roof design.

 Dr. Li