From: YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2011 8:32 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] an idf model question

Hi, Felix

The error file of the other version is attached.

I do not know know whether the vers6.0.0.023 is the problem.  The update to Ver6.0.0.037 is available on the Support website.  It was issued quite some time ago..

The second file has the error at the air loop.  The earlier one the error was on the CW loop.

What I asked you to send me was the original template IDF (unexpended).

You have removed a number of objects from the files.

There was no report variables on the zone temprature, etc.  How do you know that the program is working.

There will be no monthly report, because you did not have a full annual simulation.

"There is a design cooling load according to the output. It means that the internal load and building surface are resonable."  This probably is the sizing output, and not the simulation output.

=================
...Summary of Errors that led to program termination:

..... Reference severe error count=1

..... Last severe error=GetAirPathData: AirLoopHVAC="1FCC", invalid actuator.

************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).

************* Fatal error -- final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.

************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 2 Warning; 1 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 2 Warning; 1 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 3.43sec

There may be more errors, when the simulation starts.

Do not try to change the empIDF and use it as IDF, if you do not know what you are changing.

An imcomplete one zone simulation is more difficult to debug, because the zone equipemt and common system and the use of thermostat are all not clearly specified.

Why do you use a water system for a one room building?  Because one zone building only have one branch, you may have removed the splitter and mixer as well.  I have not check that yet, because the IDF has been sorted, which made it more difficult to find all the branchesof the same class.

When you have an actuator in the OA mixer, you need a controller.

If you control zone CW coil by thermostat, you do not need a controller.  If you use a set point to control a system CW coil, you need a controller.  These are all done by the template object by selecting the fields correctly.

 Dr. Li