To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:01:37 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: using macro to concatinate zoneprefix to variable name

Hi Richard and Dr. Li,
Thanks for the replies. The concatination turns the string into a literal so I get from

#[mmZone // _CC] , -->expands--> "PavilionS:PavilionS_CC",

note the quotation marks...this is not the case for the normal case like

mmZone MDF , -->expands--> PavilionS:PavilionS MDF ,

Q1) does this matter?
Q2) I get an error (see below)... I guess this means i need to shorten my zone names, right?

** Warning ** IP: IDF line~10005 Objects="Output:Reports" have been deleted from the IDD. Will be ignored.
************* IDF Context for following error/warning message:
************* Note -- lines truncated at 280 characters, if necessary...
************* Only the comment character (!) on a line is shown -- nothing following that.
************* 10762 EnergyManagementSystem:Program,
************* 10763 "Underground:Basement_CMMPr", !
************* 10764 SET "Underground:Basement_CC" = "Underground:Basement_CS",
************* 10765 SET "Underground:Basement_CCSP" = "Underground:Basement_CSPS",
************* 10766 SET "Underground:Basement_CDP" = "Underground:Basement_ZDCS",
************* 10767 IF ("Underground:Basement_CC" > "Underground:BasementCCSP")&& ("Underground:Basement_ZDCS" < 0.9) ,
************* 10768 SET "Underground:Basement_ZDC" = "Underground:Basement_ZDCS" + 0.1,
************* 10769 ELSEIF ("Underground:Basement_CC" <= "Underground:Basement_CCSP")&& ("Underground:Basement_ZDCS" >= 0.0),
** Warning ** IP: IDF line~10769 Alpha Argument length exceeds maximum, will be truncated=ELSEIF ("Underground:Basement_CC" <= "Underground:Basement_CCSP")&& ("Underground:Basement_ZDCS" >= 0.0)
** ~~~ ** Will be processed as Alpha=ELSEIF ("UNDERGROUND:BASEMENT_CC" <= "UNDERGROUND:BASEMENT_CCSP")&& ("UNDERGROUND:BASEMENT_ZDCS" >=