Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Intermediate Building Layer Temperatures

Your file did not crash due to that.  I have already replied from the helpdesk.

At 01:00 PM 9/26/2011, O. Tugrul Karaguzel wrote:

Hi All,

My question is about EnergyPlus  output variables:
Is there are method to get surface temperature values of intermediate building layers that make up the whole envelope construction assembly ?
Normally, inside and outside temperature of building surfaces are reported. I tried to use Conduction Finite Difference (CondFD) as a surface heat balance algorithm instead of the usual CTF (Conduction Transfer Function).
According to E+ input/output reference, one of the CondFD outputs is "CondFD Nodal Temperature [C]" for each node in the surface simulated. However, E+ crashes with such input. I already send a ticket to E+ support system.
However, there may be another way of getting such a variable from E+ which I may be ignoring now.
Thanks for the replies.
Best.

Omer T. Karaguzel
PhD Candidate Carnegie Mellon University
Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics
Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A.