[EnergyPlus_Support] A Problem regarding to Energy Plus Run Time

Hi,group members,
I have a problem with the simulation run time. I built up a building energy model with detailed HVAC systems using DesignBuilder v3 and convert it to an .idf file in order to simulate it in EnergyPlus.

Although the simulation could run without fatal error, it did take EnergyPlus quite a few days to finish a whole-year run. The building itself is fairly simple, primarily 1-story, about 28,700ft2 for total area,5 AHUs with chilled and hot water provided by a chiller and a boiler, respectively. Therefore, I am thinking about something inside of the model is not right, or some parts of the building model could be simplified.

Since it is my first time to build up such a detailed model, I felt that I don't have enough experience to figure out the problem. I uploaded the .idf as "0922detailedHVAC.zip " in the "Files" Zone and can anyone here help me find out the problems, or simplify the model and reduce the amount of calculation time?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ke Xu

Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate Assistant