[EnergyPlus_Support] The placement of a wall surface within EnergyPlus

Dear Energyplus users,

When I create a 3 foot by 3 foot box in OpenStudio and in the EnergyPlus Idf editor create a say, 10 cm thick wall for each surface of the box. Where is the wall created? As in,

a) Is the air volume inside 3 X 3 X 3 = 9 Ft cubed

                          OR

b) The inside volume is 20 cm X 20 cm X 20 cm = 8000 Cm cubed?

                          OR

c) The inside air volume is 25 cm X 25 cm  X 25 cm = 15625 Cm cubed? (Assuming the walls are build right in the middle)

I look forward to hearing from you guys at your earliest of convenience.