To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: laxoayi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 18:37:45 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Availability of IdealLoadsAirSystem using EMS

Thanks for your reply.
I'll describe what I'm trying to achieve and hopefully you can advise. Consider I have two adjacent thermal zones A and B connected by an opening using AFN objects. Zone A is controlled using an IdealLoadsAirSystem with a thermostat control type always as ThermostatSetpoint:SingleHeatingorCooling (i.e. the IdealLoadsAirSystem is always on) and a setpoint schedule specified for the same zone. Zone B on the other hand is uncontrolled.
Is it possible to use EMS to control the availability (i.e. turning on/off) of the IdealLoadsAirSystem in zone A using the mean air temperature in Zone B. I believe that in this case the EMS sensor will be zone B's mean air temperature but I can't figure out what the actuator for the IdealLoadsAirSystem is. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated.