[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Post Processing

Great response, James. As I'm pretty much in the same boat here, I would like to ask you about your famous excel sheets and (vbscript?) macros. I am very inexperienced in using the e+ generated csv files. I have gathered that all the basic sizing outcomes and inputs for sizing outcomes are summarized in the eio file. Output variable vs output time slots are in a eso file which change everytime the number of desired output variables are changed. That's about as far as my knowledge goes. I use almost exclusively xEsoview and clumsily copy past the output tables into excel to be able to overlay the graphs over each other. In the e+ results viewer one can also overlay variables on one graph, but I don't know how to get them like this into excel.

Q1) With which csv files specifically do you work with?
Q2) Do you tend to average or sum the individual zone outputs for the entire building and how?

Thanks again for the input.

ps I also can't spell well, but as an engineer I always feel somehow excused for this small inability (which probably stems from my laziness).