To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:05:20 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: WMO Station 107290

Thanks for all the replies. In this case I'm going break down my reasoning as follows. The baseline building should represent a "average" code compliant building for the same climate / geographic location. This is best defined using the CDD and HDD data for the dataset with origin closest to my proposed building.

Then I need a dataset for hourly weather data for a statistical weather year. In my case the closest available data set is roughly 40 km away from the building location (no IWEC exists for the closest weather station where I have the CDD/HDD data from.

This seems to be both the most accurate, and defensible way to proceed. If both the proposed building and the baseline building experience a weather year slightly warmer and the next year slightly colder, the relative performance of the two should remain almost identical.