RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to control the system with UnitaryHeatPump:WaterToAir

It is difficult to tell what you have in your system.

If you post or  attach your IDF (the template original, if you are using template model.)m  I will have a look at it.

The cooling and heating using a HP are simulated separately with two loops.

If you do not enter the heating loop in EPlus, they are not installed.  Supplemental coil and/or heater are provided, because HP will not run efficiently when the evaporating coil is at a temperature of lower than 5°C.

The condenser loop is controlled by the temperature of the condensing coil of the HP, when it is in the cooling mode. When the zone cooling is turned off, the compressor pumps stops, condenser coil temperature falls, and the condenser loop pump  is turned off.  This is the general way a system operates.

 Dr. Li