To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: fabiencailliau@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:05:54 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Water Heat Exchanger

Hello all,

I'd like to create a system with 2 connected water loops :
- a primary loop with solar collectors
- a secondary loop with hot water baseboard heaters

The water temperature into the baseboard heaters must be between 35°C and 40°C so I cannot integrate directly them into the primary loop (which can reach 95°C).
My idea is to connect the 2 water loops with a heat exchanger and control the temperature varying water mass flow rate.
But I cannot find the correct model of water heat exchanger in EnergyPlus library.
The only one which could match is the "HeatExchangerPlate" but it is dedicated to condenser loops and I cannot use it in my case.

Following issue is how to define the secondary water loop, as there is no direct heat plant into it ? It seems to be required into a water loop.

If someone has worked on similar configuration and can help me, it would be great.

Thanks you in advance.

Regards

Fabien