RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] multi-primary pumps+secondary pump

Hi, Xin

I do not have the ASHRAE document so I do know how they define the primary and secondary system.

In EPlus, the two chillers on the same ChW  loop is to save power.  When the load is low, only one will be turned on.  The PLR will be higher and more efficient.  This is the large and small chiller example.

Is the chiller pump the condenser pump or the water pump?  The chiller has the Dx coil in the ChW tank.  The ChW use side has a water circulating pump.

The two pumps I mentioned below are for the two water loops.  There is no water pump associated with a chiller itself.  The pump is for the tank and water loop.  Therefore there is no secondary pump.   Two compressor pumps for two chillers.
==========================
In a modular compressor system, you can have more than one mechanical pump compressor to compress the coolant into one resourviour tank, running multple Dx coils in different AHU's. (Split units) The condesor coil can be common as there is only one coolant loop.

That was why I ask you to find the definition of the pri/sec system first.
For the COP and EIR coefficients, I think you were using the formula from another software.

If the EPlus object has temperature and PLR specified, it should be a x,y equation.

There are some example curves and coefficients in the DataSet directory, chillers.idf .

You can send me the IDF.  If you use the template model, send the original IDF, not the expIDF.

If you have complicated building envelop, it is better to use  a 3 or 5 zone building to save time.  The load size is not important in trying out the IDF.

The IdealLoadsAirSystem always give you the best result.  HVAC with real equipment always consumes more energy.

 Dr. Li