[EnergyPlus_Support] Water loop layout to include storage tank

Concerning loop layout for thermal storage tanks modeling, could anyone help me to understand what the input- output reference means on its Page 727? It says:

"3) Parallel: In this configuration, the chiller is on a branch parallel to the storage unit branch when it is not charging. During charging mode, valves will be changed so that the chiller is in series upstream of the storage. To accomplish this in EnergyPlus, the chiller must be modeled using two different chiller objects to represent the same chiller. One chiller object on a parallel branch operates only when storage is not being charged. The other
chiller object, in series upstream of the storage unit operates only during charging mode."

My question is, how many water loops should I have? Looking at the 5ZoneVAV-ChilledWaterStorage-Mixed SVG file, it doesn´t seem to have been modeled using the configurations described above. In the file I developed following that example, I have a primary loop, a secondary loop and a condensation loop, but the chillers seems to be working only to cool the tank, ignoring the water coil load. I´m not sure if the layout is wrong or it is just a problem concerning load distribution controls.