RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: What is the best modelling strategy ? I need help to clarify this issue!!!

Hi, Jason

I was only pointing out your matching and what I was doing were all ways to find the differences between the roof and ground floor.

I did mention that if your match worked, then the 2 and 4 floors are not required.

Adding 2 and 4 floors are just ways of getting more information from the building.  Roof is solar radiation dependent, ground is effected by ground cooling and basement. Attic may actually be the top floor.  There may be equipment up there as well.  Building ground surface temperature is unknown. (a monthly average number or zone temperature minus two degrees.)  The different may be too large, so I added two buffer floors.

Sorry, if you think I was disagreeing with your method.

After you have the IDF, you can always load it in the SketchUp and get a builtiful picture.

I hae not mentioned any coding method, as there are so many different alternatives for the floors and ceilings.

You can even use IdealLoadsAirSystem for the mid floors and multiply with an nefficiency number to get a quick answer.

 Dr. Li