[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Location does not exist - Error after Run Simulation - OS 0.6.0 SU 8 Eplus 7.0

The reason this was happening was because OS 0.6.0   creates a default
directory for saving OSM files under Program Files, which is not
permitted by the operating system (sometimes the directory is secured
and not accessible and other times it is accessible, via certain
methods/uses like through the program iteself).  This creates problems
when you want direct access to error files for E+ etc.

To fix this create an OSM-openstudio directory under C:/ drive or any
personnal data location and point Openstudio to that location under
Prefereences.
Make sure the E+ path is pointing properly to the EnergyPlus version 7
directory (c:\EnergyPlusv7).

That should fix this problem.

Future OS version installation defaults should be set up so that the new
user can install and run a sample file that actually works!!!
It would be very helpful.

Rick

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fcgleason" <fcgleason@...>
wrote:

> ExpandObjects Started.
> error opening expanded.idf= runtime error#29
>
> In Simulation Status - Right click on ExpandObjects  pick  Open/Edit
> File  or Open Directory  and error message ....
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp

8\Plugins\OpenStudio\examples\MidRiseApt-Rick\ModeltoIDF\ExpandObjects-0
> refers to a location that is unavailable....
>
> IN FACT ...examples\MidRiseApt-Rick\ModeltoIDF\ExpandObjects-0
Does
> not appear to exist in the file structure, because when I browse to
the
> Openstudio directory these folders do not show.  Yet from within SU8
> >plugins> Openstudio>Save Openstudio Model as..    I am able to view
all
> of these directories and files!   Why?   I cannot access them normally
> from my hard drive to attach a particular  osm file to an email for
> example. Also Run Simulation does not see  these directories either,
so
> EnergyPlus does NOT Run a simulation successfully.
>
> After creating a very simple model from a template
(MidRise-Apartments).