Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] The purpose of doing HVAC simulation

I would say that in part, energy modeling and EnergyPlus being 1 tool is used for this very reason, to perform parametric studies of "what could be". In a way, the whole basis of informed design is to build the best option and reduce the risk associated with it. For example, if we didn't use these tools, we could build 4 buildings, see which approach was the most energy efficient or produced the best daylighting or the happiest people. The winner would remain and all other 3 designs would be torn down. Unfortunately, developers do not like to spend their money on this trial and error approach.

So again, in-part, energy modeling and the use of this tool arise from the desire to quantify and compare several unique ways of creating buildings with one another.

I am enjoying this high level question. Thanks!

Neil