Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: wondering if EnergyPlus is usable for single house projects

Hello,

I have used EnergyPlus for single family residences and it is definitely capable of modeling everything you describe.  However, it does not have simple drop-down menus for selecting standard single-family construction types, occupancy schedules or HVAC system types.  You can find examples of this sort of thing in the EnergyPlus example files, and once you learn the program, you can save your standard schedules, constructions and HVAC system types in a "library" file and simply import them into your current project.

--
Karen