Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] indoor Condenser Air Inlet Node

Try removing the condenser inlet node name from the outdoor air node list. You will get a warning, and I hope not a fatil, but then check the results if it works. If the results are correct, then disregard the warning. You will also "not be transferring heat" to the other zone. This is not a supported configuration in E+.

On 2/1/2012 4:12 PM, YuanLu Li wrote:
Are you installing a heat pump on a partition between two zones, with evaporator in one zone and the condenser coil in the other zone?

This sounds like a machine room or closet installation.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: stagiaire3@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:52:40 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] indoor Condenser Air Inlet Node

Hello,

I'm currently having problems modelling an indoor HeatPump working between two zones.

For now, I used a packagedterminalheatpump, related to a Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpeed. For this object, I specified for 'condenser inlet node name' the zone air node I wanted. I also put this node on a outdoorair node list.

This gives me strange results: for some time steps, the condenser inlet node seems to be the one I wanted, for the other it is the usual outdoor node. I could not figure out why it switches.

Could someone help?

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years