RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] indoor Condenser Air Inlet Node

I happen to have just recently relaxed this restriction for the next version, but right now the program will fatal if the condenser inlet node is not listed as an outdoor air node.

For advanced users, there is a work around using EMS.  You can use the actuators on outdoor air nodes and sensors on the zone air node in a simple EMS program.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Raustad
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:18 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] indoor Condenser Air Inlet Node

Try removing the condenser inlet node name from the outdoor air node list. You will get a warning, and I hope not a fatil, but then check the results if it works. If the results are correct, then disregard the warning. You will also "not be transferring heat" to the other zone. This is not a supported configuration in E+.