RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] water heater

Change the 1000000 Watt to  90000 watt or smaller in the  HeatingLoad object.

The tank temperature in the simulation may change in the 10 minute interval.
========================

Sediment in the water is only in the DHW tank.  The DHW tank has  drain pipel  You clean as often as you like.  It does not effect the boiler.

The water in the HW tank should be filtered and clean and is not affected by usage.  Have you heard of de-ionized water?

There is a conduction to the environment field,  I am not sure whether it is in your choice below.  In a boiler, the efficiency fields covers this loss.

PLR cannot be larger than Unity.  If PLR is 1, your gas fire will not turn off.

The DHW tank has a lower temperature because the hot water pipe is not fully insulated, and it is connected to the cold water main.  (See the diagram attached.)

Gas fire ignition delay may have nothing to do with your temperature.  The tank thermostat will then turn on the starting signal first, the gas pilot will light, and then the main fire comes on.  Energy Plus does not simulate the ignition delay.  It is a only few second.  The time step at 6 is ten minutes interval.

The 81 in the boiler design temperature means that the boiler will be operating at this temperature, on and off with a few degree difference.  If you change this number the tank temperature or the loop temperature should change.  Of cource, if you have other objects to control this, then it may not have effect.

Because the node names are different, I do not know which one is working.

The DHW control is on the second loop.  It is not controlled, as you have a mixer on the tap.  If you want to control this temperature, it can be added.  It is called the tempering valve object.

You can monitor the tank water temperature change in the real system.  However, you cannot change the real system temperature with the sensors.

You are a Master of ME and should know all these.

Dr. Li