Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] availabilityManager:High temperaturTurnoff

ok if you like thinking i i dont know how to select an example file in the examplefile folder and i use GUI , ok i dont know how to say you that i dont use GUI and i know how select example file.. i hope what ever you where be good
by

From: YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:58 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] availabilityManager:High temperaturTurnoff

Your English is very good.  I know what you are saying.  The problems is that you were not looking at a part and describe it probably.

but in real system in DHW tank i dont have any thermostat

The secondwater heater for the DHW, you did not show.  It has its own thermastat and control switch build-in.

The electric heater in your automatic kettle you know. How does it work?

It is just like the thermostat for the furnace, which you did not show.  The furnace thermostat controls the burner directly.  It may have its control circuit, and need not be simulated separetely.

The temperature difference between the DHW and HW supply is by heat lost in the pipes and heat changer.  If you want to model that you can.  Do some measurements on the HW and DHW and watch the fire at the same time.  Do you have to do anything to make those temperature change.  I know how, but I am not going to tell you, as I have mentioned that many time.

If the observation above happens naturally, why do you need a set point for the DHW?

Do you need a set point for the ODT to do your simulation? apart from the weather file.

water heater Setpoint Temperature Schedule2  This set point will over write other set points if used correctly with some managers.  In your case, the boiler has the setpoint.  The DHW turns on and off the DHW heating coil.  This setpoint is in the DHW tank, if you want to have one.  It should be on all the time.  In a real system and in simulation this setpoint is not necessay as the DHW tank will cool down as the water tap is on.  The cold water will cool the main boiler temperature and turns it on, if it is off.

This is the time to apply your ME knowledge and find the components in a system and understand whether it is self operated, manaually operated, or others.  May be the control is elsewhere in the system.

i add what i want , but i have problem

PLR = 1.2 is one prolem.  Names do not match or exist is another problem.
Add set points without looking at the setpoint managers, is another problem.

I/O manual diescribes the group, the system, the lants, and the individual components.