Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] heat exchanger for heating domostic water

I saw this post a while ago, and it may shed some light on your heat exchanger question:

[Bldg-sim] Boiler with heat recovery
Inbox

Jan 4
to bldg-sim
Dear Group,

I have modeled an office building which is heated by boiler, however I would like to model the boiler with heat recovery for energy efficiency. I have investigated example files of energyplus but I couldn't find any examples for this type of boiler. Therefore I would like to learn if it's possible to model a boiler with heat recovery?

ece

Jan 6
to ecebldg-sim
This message may not have been sent by: jason.alan.kirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxx  Learn more  Report phishing
Ece,

What you are looking for is the WaterHeater:Mixed object. This boiler has four ports, one source side inlet and source side outlet for a heat recovery loop or solar hot water heating loop, and one use side inlet and outlet for the demand loop. There is also a heating coil of either natural gas or electric type in order to meet the heating demand when the source side heat transfer is inadequate to serve the load.

Hope this helps.

JASON KIRKPATRICK, LEED AP BD+C

SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
ONE FRONT STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111
T: 415.352.3811 F: 415.398.3214
JASON.KIRKPATRICK@xxxxxxx

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.