Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] what can i do for convergence the result ?

I'm not Dr Li but will provide a developer's/ usage perspective.

At 03:49 PM 3/8/2012, CleanTech Analytics wrote:

Field: Loads Convergence Tolerance Value/Field: Temperature Convergence Tolerance Value = value in Celsius for the difference in temperatures from previous iteration.

Assumptions: (not sure if number 1 or 2 is correct)
  1. Smaller may be better as it would represent less difference
  2. Larger may be better as it would provide a greater window of difference

Smaller is "usually" better.  What you really want is to make sure that whatever values you insert here have the zones meeting the setpoint.  This is one reason we suggest running design day inputs rather than just starting with weather periods.  Whether sizing or other (non-Summer/Winter Design day types), you may want to have your "report during warmup" turned on so you can see if the zone is actually converging or oscillating.

If you're not meeting setpoints (assuming your zone is controlled) or not reaching "steady state", then your convergence criteria is probably set too high.

Field: Inside Face Surface Temperature Convergence Criteria
Assumption: Lower values may further increase stability at the expense of longer runtimes, Higher values may decrease runtimes but lead to possible instabilities.

Question:

This is a bit harder as this is a newly introduced criteria for the CondFD (conduction Finite Difference) algorithm.  Most important right now for CondFD is to have timesteps=20 or greater (number of timesteps in hour).  I played a little with this criteria the other day trying to solve something and it increased the number of iterations (which is in the next release a variable that can be output) but it didn't really make a substantial difference in the bottom line result.

I suspect that answer really didn't help very much.

Linda

Here is a link to a visualisation of the working Energy Plus model for a small building: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7cD5ZV9QwRdGdmMThETElEaGJNWUQ3ZGU1MEZRcEE

Thanks