Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] To openstudio users...

Great to hear that you are using Open studio.
It seems like there has been much put into development, and not so much put into use.

The current version is the way to go, as each iteration fixes problems with the last, and support will be geared towards the most current version.

Personally I have found that using design builder (free for one month), the IDF editor and other E+ utilities with Open studio has produced the best results, but I am doing actual projects not research so you may find open studio to work fine for your project without using other interfaces..

Wish I could be more helpful, possibly you could generate an IDF, and find some issues you need help with and post them?

Best of luck