[EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Multiplier

Hello All,

I have a question about the Zone Multiplier object.

The I/O Reference document says - "Zone Multiplier is designed as a ?multiplier? for zone loads. It takes the calculated load for the inputted zone and multiplies it and sends the multiplied load to the attached system to meet the demand. The system will have to be specified to meet the entire multiplied zone load......." in Page 162/1798.

My question is - While in the Sizing object, I will specify OA equivalent to what the zone (as it is without multiplier) would require, and hence the load will be rightly calculated for further multiplying if there is a multiplier on the zone.

But while defining the HVAC system inputs for this same zone having a multiplier, lets say 5 for example. And lets say the zone needs 50 cfm OA. So while defining an air terminal that supplies OA or a zone equipment that conditions the system, should I specify OA as 50 cfm or 250 cfm. I am afraid if i specify 250 cfm, E+ might calculate the load at that timestep and multiply it by 5. It would be great if anyone could clarify this issue. Thank you so much.

--
Vinay Dev