Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fatal error with sizing of AC coil, what could be the problem?

Yuanlu,

This is getting confusing, and maybe I'm just revealing my unfamiliarity with EnergyPlus.  If I don't have  DesignDay specified in the input file, then what does EnergyPlus do when capacities and flow rates are entered as "autosize" ?   With DOE-2, the program has already completed the Loads simulation, and knows the days with the highest heating and cooling loads and uses those to "autosize" the equipment.  How does EnergyPlus do it?  I guess I'll have to look in the documentation, as I've been lectured.

What do you mean that "you cannot simply pick a day in the weather file to ... autosize  and then run the annual simulation" ?  I thought that was the whole purpose for "autosizing".  True, you may get a somewhat different size than from a Design Day calculation, but from everything I've seen that's a pretty small effect and certainly cannot be the reason why EnergyPlus is quitting at this point with an exit temperature of -74 C!

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D