[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: green roof modelling

Dear List

As discussed, I checked the archive and I know I need to use both precipitation and irrigation object. Hopefully for San Francisco there is a default precipitation schedule  I've also found the average annual precipitation for site:precipitation object. But what I dont get  how to create a roof irrigation schedule.(the amount of water needed(irrigation+precipitation is related to the vegetation ?) I had a look at the ecoroof orlando sample file in energy plus, for the irrigation schedule(smart) there is this explanation below.  These 1" and 0.5 " are just random amounts or they are related to a plant type. To be honest, overall it is not clear for me
 I hope you can help me
thanks

 Schedule for irrigation (1"/irrday summer 0.5"/irrday winter: Mon and Fri at ~10am)
 Note: UCF documentation inconsistent 1 vs 2 " in summer per week??
 To avoid stability issues with 1hour timesteps we simply add 1/7th of weekly
 precipitation evenly divided into 2 hours each of ALLDAYS each season
 Note: 0.00181 in*2hrs*7days = 1 inch per week
 m/hour