RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file sub-hour capability

It is difficult to tell which temperature value you are displaying without the IDF.

Some of the value are input values, some are interporated, and some are averaged.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: fypguevibyor@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:13:11 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file sub-hour capability

Dear all,

I run a simulation (using timestep = 60) and found that there is abrupt change in temperature for every new hour e.g. temp at 16:00:00 is 36.8 deg and temp at 16:01:00 is 26.1 deg. This is weird since it never abruptly change along the hour itself (temp in minute 1 to 60 changes gradually).

I suspect it is because of the weather file is made in hourly interval. Does anyone know how can I edit my weather file to represent sub-hourly interval simulation?

Your answer is really appreciated.

Malindo
Final year student
Singapore