Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] small (5kW) wind turbines in E+ v5

Have you adjusted your turbine height, and wind speed at site?

I would not trust manufactures claims, as most turbines under-perform in reality..

I have modeled VAWT's as well as installed them, and noticed that E+ is about as accurate as it gets...

You could put up an anemometer to get more accurate wind speed at site data, and attached is a working file I created some time ago..

Jeremiah D. Crossett
CleanTech Analytics
503-688-8951
www.cleantechanalytics.com

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied, stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of CleanTech Analytics