[EnergyPlus_Support] small (5kW) wind turbines in E+ v5

Hi

I've attempted to model an Evance r9000 turbine (5kWp, similar to a Bergey) in E+ by taking the "GeneratorWithWindTurbine.idf" example file and editing/ deleting to model the Evance more closely.

The problem is that I'm coming in with much lower yield figures than Evance quote. Evance quote yeild on the basis of Average Annual Wind Velocity.

I'm aware that there appears to be some statistical differences between the Average Annual figure and typical hourly weather data. E+ appears to deal with this by using a Average Annual as a reference wind speed. I guess this kind of "normalises" the weather data somehow (you've probably guessed by now I'm no statistician!).

Given that I've already input a reference figure for average annual, and had various things confirmed by Evance (tip speed ratio, reference wind velocity, cut in speed, diameter, furl mechanism) and am struggling to recreate their yield, are there any tips or tricks that anybody could recommend for me. For example, should I play with the power constants (C1 - C6)? If so, what power constants would be appropriate for a turbine of this size?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris Yates