[EnergyPlus_Support] Heating loads

Dear All,

I try and submit you all an issue which someone might have experienced before.
In the last periods I've played around with many different simulations for implementing electrochromic glazing (I use switchable glazing with tinted and untinted layers, with MeetDaylIllumSetPoint control function) to evaluate their impact on building energy consumption, and the results I got are quite consistent. There's one output though that I really can't explain, because I see a behavior totally different from my expectations and from all the other models I've implemented so far. The two attached models are perfectly identical, with the exception that in the *_electrochromic file I activated the switchable glazing for the overall building fenestration (the building is a DOE validated reference model).
I really can't understand why I get increased heating load with EC glazing. If you open the simulation output with ResultsViewer, for example, you see heating loads drastically reduced, and I can't find any reason why this happens. In all the simulation I did before (more than 20 different buildings in different locations) adding EC glazing had a negative effect of heating loads, so this behavior is really obscure for me. I wonder whether I might be missing something that's going on during the simulation run.

I'd be thankful if you could provide some insights on this issue.
Thanks,
Stefano

PS: If you might want to run the simulation, I used the 2B_USA_AZ_PHOENIX weather file.