[EnergyPlus_Support] Sketch up and E+

Hello everyone,

I am just started use E+ for my project in University. My question can be very easy for some experts.
I meet some hardship, maybe someone has idea how to solve it. I would appreciate the help and suggestions from group.

1) When I start create 3D building in SketchUp, program recognise all materials,zones and walls, windows, doors. However, when I open the same file second time some of data is missing. Some sides of the building doesn't recognised by Eplus. Which makes a me to recreate building again and again...and it takes a lot of time.

Furthermore, there are some severe errors occur even just with simple 10 zones building simple simulation.

Anyway,I found one option is to create building in Sketch-up, save the idf. file and then work with this idf file. It is possible to do on Mac version, however I cant figure out why in Windows version it is not saving idf file.

2)In SketchUp I dont have Run Manager and Result Viewer (however the results I can see in output folder) and some other options that shown in youtube.com videos regarding Eplus and running simulation. Is it something wrong with my software, or everyone has the same tools?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Veronika