[EnergyPlus_Support] How can a desuperheater be placed upstream of a boiler-heated domestic water heater?

Dear E+ Forum,

I’ve tried several ways to make an equivalent to the sketch below – and failed.

The designed system uses hot refrigerant gas to pre-heat city water, then goes to a water heater for any additional heating.  Think of it as:

·         Stage 1 heating: Desuperheater

·         Stage 2 heating: Boiler

Have you any ideas for making this work?  Thanks in advance.

p.s., One of the configurations I tried placed a WaterHeater:Mixed in a branch of the boiler demand loop.  E+ doesn’t think that is acceptable, so it crashed.

Making me think….

Seek truth while you are young, for if you do not, it will later escape your grasp