Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Water to Air GSHP with GLHE

I believe the vertical ground loop heat exchanger model can be placed on PlantLoop objects (they used to be condenser-only).  So the water-to-air heat pump example files could be used as a starting point, then just replace the plant supply equipment with your vertical glhe definition.

There may even be an example of what you are talking about, but I can't think of any.  For reference the example files from v7 that include the text string "watertoair" are listed below:

-> grep -i -m 1 "watertoair" *.idf | cut -d: -f1 | toclip
5ZoneWaterLoopHeatPump.idf
5ZoneWLHPPlantLoopTower.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirEquationFit.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAir.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirWithAntifreezeAndLatentModel2.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirWithAntifreezeAndLatentModel.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirWithRHControl.idf
HospitalLowEnergy.idf
HVACTemplate-5ZoneWaterToAirHeatPumpTowerBoiler.idf
PipingSystem_Underground_FHX.idf
VSHeatPumpWaterToAirEquationFit.idf
VSHeatPumpWaterToAirWithRHControl.idf
ZoneSysAvailManager.idf
ZoneVSWSHP_wDOAS.idf
ZoneWSHP_wDOAS.idf

Of course, now that I look into there a bit, I see that PipingSystem_Underground_FHX uses a condenser loop directly.  This is sort-of the opposite approach I was mentioning before.  Use a condenser example file and put the heat pump water side on the demand side of the condenser loop.  Either way should be fine.

Edwin